How to Choose the Best Mini Cameras for Your Premises
Should you get an IP Surveillance system or an analogue one? Would a wireless option be more convenient for your business? Or do you want to move away from convention and invest in spy cameras instead?
These are the types of questions you’ll most likely face when you decide to give your office an extra layer of security.
However, with so many options out there, how do you know which one is for you?
Not to worry...
Every business owner experiences this dilemma at one point or another, and that’s why we’re going to look at a few types of outdoor Security camera to help you decide.
So sit back and relax as we help you answer these questions so you know which is the best mini camera for your premises.
Surveillance Cameras: Who’re They For?
If you’ve decided that your business requires a camera that needs to be visible, this is for you. Such cameras act as a visual deterrent and can benefit your business in the following ways:
- Increase the overall safety of your customers and employees
- Hinder shoplifting and theft
- Stop employee theft
- Prevent burglaries
- Reduce risks of vandalism
When it comes to Outdoor Security Cameras, you can choose either:
- An IP Surveillance System or an Analogue Surveillance System
- A Wireless Surveillance System or a Wired Surveillance System
Analogue Surveillance System vs Internet Protocol Surveillance System
What Is an Analogue Surveillance System?
Analogue security systems record videos in an analogue format and transfer the data to a Digital Video Recorder (DVR) through a coaxial cable.
The DVR then converts the analogue data into digital after which it proceeds to compress and store the video recording for future viewing.
Pros and Cons of an Analogue Surveillance System
|Lower costs than IP systems||Poor frame rate and video resolution|
|Installation is straightforward||Has a lower field of view than IP systems|
|Fairly simple to use||Needs a lot of cables|
|Consumes less bandwidth than IP Systems||Is Easily hackable|
What Is an IP Surveillance System?
Internet Protocol (IP) systems are made up of cameras that link to a Network Video Recorder (NVR) using an Internet network.
Such network cameras can record and compress video data before sending it to the NVR. The NVR stores the data and can be accessed if the footage needs to be replayed.
Pros and Cons of an IP Surveillance System
|Multiple sensors in a single camera||Cost of initial set-up|
|Excellent video quality||Requires greater storage capacity|
|Easy to set up as it requires less equipment||Takes time to learn how to use it|
Currently, the IP Surveillance System is dominating the market–– and rightfully so. They produce higher quality videos and allow you to access them remotely using your smartphone, computer or tablet so you can watch the live footage.
If you have already decided that this type of camera is perfect for your business, we’d recommend our top pick, Lizvie 4000K IP65 Waterproof Outdoor Security Floodlight with 1080P HD Camera
This spy camera is packed with features! It comes with:
Crystal-clear 1080p HD video
- Get crystal and sharp videos/images with true 1080p Full HD,120°field-of-view will let you detect motion around corners.
- The outdoor camera with wide viewing angle will let you never miss a detail.
- Monitor your property through HD video and Live View on your smart phone at any time and anywhere.
- The floodlight security camera has a built-in speaker and microphone and it is capable of two-way audio.
- Smart Floodlight WiFi Camera Talk-back function allows you to communicate with guests, while its deterrent alarm can help you get rid of unwelcome strangers, even when you are miles away from home, simply through the app.
- Motion light outdoor wireless camera is your best choice for home security.
Advanced Motion Detection
- AI human shape detection,PIR motion sensor accurate detection imported from Japan.
- Customizing motion zones and alert（110DB siren alarm/voice alarm/LED floodlight/ call 911）on APP. Motion-activated alert and floodlight to help you scare off ntruders.
- Built-in Suspicious intrusion detection false alarms can be avoided. L/M/H 3 level motion detection sensibility with 64 Motion detection zones can be set thru the app for further reduction of false alert.
- With the excellent IP65 waterproof design that can resist the rain/ dust /high temperature (≤65℃）/low temperature（≥-28℃).It is the best choice for outdoor security.
Ultra-Bright LED Floodlights
- Professional LED light manufacturer quality. Less power consumption, brighter light. Get more than you paid.
- Shine a light on suspicious activity with the motion-activated ultra-bright floodlights.
Infrared Night Vision
- With many low glow infrared LEDs, 850nm infrared flash technology brings clear view even in pitch black.
- It delivers a view of up to 50 feet in distance, so you can see further and can capture the clear pictures at night.
Support SD Card and Local Storage
- Store your video locally! No need to worry about room in your cloud account. Our Smart Home Floodlight Pro Cam stores your video and images either on your phone or locally on your micro SD card!
- Local on phone & SD card (SD card not included) storage can also avoid the risk of cloud data breach effectively. No one could access your data without your permission. No subscription.
Flexible and Adjustable Light & Camera
- You can adjust the direction of the led light and camera to cover desired areas for optimal performance.Simple hard wired connection is required.
- Simple Connect with APP.Just follow the IOTLiving APP prompts.
- Quick setup this surveillance camera via 2.4G wifi (not 5G), connected with your smartphones, PC in minutes by using the app. With 120° wide angle and IR led Night Vision, you can view any angle of your outdoor security at anytime and anywhere.
Supporting multiple users access simultaneously
- This floodlight security camera allow many persons (no limit on the number of people) to watch video and monitor your home simultaneously with their own equipment after your sharing.
And so much more... Visit the product detail pages for more information.
Wired Surveillance System vs Wireless Surveillance System
What Is a Wired Security System?
Wired Security Cameras send video and audio data to a central hub over a wire. You can choose if the data is sent outside your premises to a network or remains local on the hub for future playback. You can watch the footage live or later.
Pros and Cons of a Wired Security System
|Most reliable signal, with little to no interference||Takes longer to set-up|
|Better video and audio clarity||Not portable and cannot be relocated easily|
|Is connected to a constant power source||Higher cost of installation|
|Cannot be hacked wirelessly||Uses a lot of cables|
Spy Cameras: Who They’re For?
What if you don’t want your customers or even employees to know that they’re under surveillance? What if you want to observe how they act in your absence without being aware of the fact that they’re under surveillance?
If this is starting to sound like a good idea, you should think of purchasing a spy camera (sometimes called a nanny cam or hidden camera).
There are several reasons you may want to invest in spy cameras for your business:
- Know if employees are following company policies
- Prevent internal and external thefts
- Protect your business from false accusations (workplace violence, sexual harassment claims etc.)
What Is a Spy Camera?
Spy Cameras are recording devices that can be hidden in an alarm clock, a plant or a book. They seem like everyday objects and don’t attract much attention. This allows you to monitor everything that’s occurring on your premises, without anyone being the wiser.
The video and audio data are stored on an SD card. With a stable Wi-Fi connection, you can also monitor your premises live without any lags or downtime.
Pros and Cons of a Spy Camera
|They are discreet||Legality might be an issue in some places|
|High definition video||A smaller field of view in night vision|
|Comes with motion detection|
If you want to get started with spy cameras, we’d recommend you getting our Smart Clock Hidden Camera
It comes with a USB charger in the box and the body houses lithium batteries. The battery power will get you through 3.5 hours and they are rechargeable.
You can connect the nanny cam to both iOS or Android mobile phones.
Choose the Best Camera for Your Business
Now that you know of all the different types of security cameras out there and the specific roles they play in monitoring your premises, it’s time to choose the best one for you.
The best camera on the market may not be the best one for you. You know your needs better than anyone. You know how much the protection of your workplace matters to you.
You’ll find a wide range of equipment to enhance the protection of your business at The Spy Store.
Please note that it is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure the product they’re interested in is legal in their place of residence.